- 9:09 am - Tue, May 22, 2012
2012 Fragrance of the Year – Women’s Luxe!
This is definitely on my to try list. I simply adore fragrances. Wearing it completes any outfit and shows a touch more thought into your grooming.
Here’s a description of this award winning blondie c/o the best website for fragrances, www.fragrantica.com:
Violet Blonde, glamorous and sophisticated, opens with violet leaf, Italian mandarin and pink pepper. The centerpiece of the composition consists of Tuscan iris absolute, Tuscan orris butter, Sambac jasmine and sampaquita. The base is home to elegant and sophisticated tones of musk, suede, cedar, vetiver and benzoin.
- 10:01 am - Sun, Apr 29, 2012
I made this commitment in April 2011. I believe I was doing a good job - I made it all the way to Christmas! But when my family brought out the lasagna, there was no turning back. :(
I fell off the wagon. No one’s criticizing me, and I love the people around me for that. But I feel like I let myself down. So here I am again, trying to get back on the wagon. I have been meat free since April 1! Even here in Boracay! Honestly, it’s not so hard to just eat green. The difficult part is making the adjustments (again) in your life. But really, what’s a moment of inconvenience for a lifetime of return?
Here are the immediate benefits I gained when I went green:
1. Leaner body
2. Clearer skin
3. Easier bowl movement (Had to say it!)
4. Satiated appetite
5. Better natural smell
6. More interesting food options
7. More energy throughout the day. (I don’t drink coffee, mind you)
So here’s going back to Veggie life 2012!
- 3:29 pm - Sun, Apr 22, 2012
The cure to a shopping disorder! Or something like it.
I’ve ridden the crazy shoppaholic spiral: “I’m satisfied with my wardrobe now. Next day, I need a new shirt/pants/shorts/blah. Next next day, what have I done, I have so much clothes. Now, I’m satisfied with my wardrobe.” And then repeat.
I love fashion and clothes and I just realized I’ve been doing some major clothe-hoarding. After going through my closet, most of it I have worn probably only twice or even once.
I feel stupid and superficial for several reasons which I will outline for you now.
1) Clothes were made to be worn MORE THAN ONCE. The colors of textile, the details in the thread work and the effect of the flattering fit on your body should be seen, not hidden in a closet.
2) Sure there is a (frustrated) fashionista in me that just hates the thought of repeating an outfit. But since we’re being honest here, does anyone really notice if I repeat an outfit? I don’t even care if someone else repeats an outfit, how could I possibly think that other people would even remember what I’m wearing? The people I’ve surrounded myself with aren’t trained paparazzi or the Fashion Popo ready to slaughter my taste. So what am I so scared of that I have to keep buying new clothes?
3) Aha. I have deduced that my insecurities and the pressure of being trendy is causing this manic shopping. This is a thinking I have to get rid of. Or else, I’ll be tied to the shackles of materialism forever and I’ll never be content with myself.
4) Even more, wearing a piece of clothing once, is that really getting the value out of my money? No. And money is far more scarce than clothes are nowadays.
Ultimately, I am underusing my wardrobe and am being financially stupid. Plus, here I am going on about how I have nothing to wear. I’m so silly-willy. So allow me to share with you my remedy:
The gist is to use clothes I have first before buying any new ones. Simple? I’ve added more details to my contract with myself.
After wearing 5 different items, 5 times, I am free to buy WHATEVER 1 piece of clothing I want. No matter the cost. (Oh I have a separate resolution on buying things. Wait for it).
So there, I will be forced to make do with what I have (shouldn’t we all?) and I’ll have to be super creative with my outfits. And when I do achieve it, I still get to buy something as a reward. Seems win-win don’t cha think?
- 12:01 pm - Thu, Apr 19, 2012
Meet Knutmeg. (all our cats are named after spices that all start with K. Well except for Pepper. But he’s the exception.)
Knutmeg, or Knutty as we like to call him, is a pure breed Siamese Cat. He meows all day as if he’s announcing everything he does. He’s going to lie down - meow. Going to pee - meow. Going out - meow. Following you - meow. Wants to eat - meow meow meow. Hates what you’re wearing - meow.
His breed is the chatty type and vair vair playful. He never leaves us bored, or to be more accurate, unoccupied. His personality is notoriously adorable and attention whoreish.
I used to hate cats. I thought they were these stuck up animals who were just too vain and incredibly snooty. It is still true - but lo and behold, all the cute kitty posts on Tumblr plus my sister’s irrefutable love for them rubbed off on me. I even adopted two stray kittens before I bought Knutmeg.
From a pet owner’s perspective cats are quite low maintenance, they keep themselves clean and they LOVE cat food (our dogs love cat food too much much more than dog food) so feeding isn’t a terrible chore. Kitties are easily trainable to use a litter box. There are so many tutorials on the web and as long as you have patience, your kitty cat will get the hang of it quickly.
So the point of this post is…..none. Just sharing the perks of being a cat-owner (that sounds so much better than cat-lady. Eep.)
- 11:29 am - Sun, Apr 15, 2012
I used to be afraid of change. (Ha. I still am! Who isn’t?) There are changes though that I don’t think twice about. These are the changes I implement, I orchestrate impulsively and usually irrationally.
And ever constant, change is something I’m bringing into my Tumblr. I want to turn it into a legit blog with posts that are actually produced by me reflecting my own beliefs and life experiences. So I’m marking this as day 1 of The Boheme and Beautiful.
There’s a little bit of everything here because it’s based on my life. Which is a concoction of art, love, beauty, music, design, books, travel, health, food and even money! There are posts written by moi, and as this is tumblr where inspiration flourishes through every scroll, there will still be reblogs. I’m going to tag carefully, so you get to choose to get Tumblr-drunk on whatever tickles your fancy at the mo.
Let me share my life with you. Or rather, let me dump my life on you. Share what inspires me and maybe it will inspire you. And I hope you enjoy reading/viewing/scrolling/hating what’s on Boheme and Beautiful.
- 4:05 am - Sun, Jan 1, 2012
Happy New Year from my family to yours! :) Bring it on 2012!